Thursday, March 31, 2011
Several weeks ago I made this card for the JAI Colour Combo#60. It came together so nicely, that I made a few more in different colours. I do love CAS.
I've put the sentiment on the inside of each card. Not too bad for a gal that isn't totally keen on butterflies huh. Let's just say I'm becoming more fond of them ...
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Late last night I was packing up my craft desk and for some reason I decided to sit again ... here's the result:
Actually there are a few more, but my photographs didn't turn out so well so I'll try again tomorrow. My poor photography skills are only going to get worse with winter on the way and less daylight hours. I might have to invest in some decent lessons.
The two cards above are for a special girl turning 15 this weekend, one each from her mum and her aunty. The pink card uses some of the Bubblegum papers from Kaiser, with SU's Soft Suede c/s as the base. The second card uses Concord Crush with some So Saffron and Certainly Celery. It was fun paper piecing the dress and colouring her with my Prismas.
That's it from me for now. Hopefully I'll be back tomorrow with a pic of the other bits and pieces I created late last night.
Sunday, March 27, 2011
Just popping in quickly to show you a couple of cards I made earlier in the week, or the week before I can't remember now *smile* the days and weeks are sailing by too quickly.
The little flower image belongs to a cute little Kaiser set that the lovely Tammy put me on to. This is the first time I've broken out my chunky glitter too - long retired now lol.
We're starting to feel the chill of winter coming in Canberra. Time to break out the socks and slippers. I'm not usually too favourable of the cooler months, however, I do enjoy wearing all my coats and scarves, hats and gloves... Hope you're enjoying a relaxing weekend.
Thursday, March 24, 2011
Thanks to all for your wonderful birthday wishes and the extremely excellent handmade cards I have received. It's such fun going to the letter box this week because I'm still getting happy mail.
I commented on my favourite Cadbury bar in a recent post and have piqued quite a bit of interest going by the emails coming in. So today I took some pics for you...
Packaging reads banana flavoured chew bar covered with dairy milk chocolate.
I very neatly cut the bar open for you rather than biting into it :o)
You'll notice how blurry the second pic is hee hee, I didn't download it from the memory stick before demolishing the bar and of course, couldn't take another! How embarrassing.
These bars are not available in Australia! Go figure - there is a Cadbury factory in Tasmania, but no perky nanas. These are a New Zealand treat only - and treat they are, they're soooooo yummo!
Sunday, March 20, 2011
I was recently honoured to receive the Stylish Blog Award from my beautiful and extremely talented blogging friend, Christine Blain.
I believe I have to share 8 facts about myself, and pass the Award on to some of my favourite bloggers. Goodness me that is a difficult task because there are so many blogs I thoroughly enjoy and check out all the time. I get inspiration from so many of you.
I'm going to follow Christine's facts because in fact, a lot of mine mirrored hers and I found that interesting at the time of reading :o)
1. I moved (on my own) from New Zealand to Australia 20+ years ago. I miss family and friends dreadfully, and to be honest hadn't thought about hedgehogs in quite some time - but yes I miss them. Quite cute if they're not splattered in the middle of the road. What I miss absolutely most of all though are Perky Nanas - you kiwis know what I'm talking about!
2. I too am VERY particular about the way a roll of toilet paper is hung on its holder, and have been known to change it to my own preference when visiting other loos lol.
3. Ditto to hating snakes and not being good with heights. Not fond of spiders, or needles, or dentists either to be quite honest.
4. Let's not even discuss pain relief during child birth! Suffice to say I could have done with it A LOT sooner than I got it.
5. Even number of female to male ratio in my household.
6. My compulsive tendencies pale in significance to most of the reality shows on tv. I no longer worry about any of mine at all!
7. My absolute most favourite time of year is Spring. I don't suffer hayfever so I am super lucky and get to enjoy the smell of fresh cut grass on a daylight saving evening, and I love to smell all the beautiful blooms and blossoms. I feel alive and full of energy during Spring.
8. My natural hair colour is mousy brown (well as I remember it at least) with an awful lot of gray these days. I don't care what colour my hairdresser uses so long as it covers those grays!
Okay so I'm passing this fabulous little Award along to the gorgeous women below. Go check out their blogs and leave them some comment love. They all deserve it.
Trish - BFF
Saturday, March 19, 2011
I'm doing a happy dance today as my boy arrives home from a little holiday he's been having in Coffs Harbour for the past week. And he's bringing my darling cousin (from Sydney) back with him for the weekend. I'm heading off to the airport shortly.
A couple of weeks ago beautiful BFF was down this way and we got to spend some time together either side of the wedding she was down to attend. She popped in and spent some time with me at work and gave me these gorgeous flowers - she never needs an excuse to spoil me! I'm very lucky.
They looked so good on my dining table, and they lasted until just a few days ago. I'm tempted to go buy myself more.
That's my little 'show' for today. I will be back with more, I've been quite the busy bee lately - working on some birthday themed bits and bobs, and a wedding, along with some cards too of course. All in good time as they say...
Hope you're having a fabulous weekend so far!
Friday, March 18, 2011
I knew it had been a little while between posts, but gee it's been longer than I thought. Life has been incredibly busy of late, however, I'm back and have a few things to show you in the coming days.
Today I have my Just Add Ink submission to show you. We had a lovely colour combo to work with this week, and in keeping with the style I seem to be so fond of my entry is CAS.
Bliss is the first SAB set I got this year and although as a general rule I'm not a huge fan of butterflies, I really do like these stamps and quite enjoyed the cutting out. They look lovely with the little pearls adhered I think (not that they are very clear in my pic - once again the weather was playing havoc with my fairly weak photography skills).
Why don't you head over to JAI, check out the challenge and join in the fun. There's plenty of DT inspiration to get you started!