Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Catching Up

Wow, November already and I haven't posted in weeks!

It's actually been a really busy time, both socially and work-wise. Gorgeous Kid went on his very first school camp. Four days away and mum got to have a bit of fun. I went out to dinner, met friends for drinks, finally checked out the Dendy Cinema (love love love) and worked much longer hours than usual. I did manage one quiet night at home, enjoyed a huge plate of vegetables with no complaints, gave myself a pedicure and thoroughly enjoyed the silence. Bliss!

This past weekend we've both been unwell so it's been rather uneventful, however, I've finally photographed some of the cards I've made over recent weeks. Which to show first ... actually I have a belated JAI (#91 Colour Combo) card that never actually made it to publication because I didn't get it photographed and submitted. Bad bad design team member!


The colour combo was Cherry Cobbler, Blushing Bride and a neutral of choice, mine being Very Vanilla. No stamping on this one. I dabbed some Craft White ink across my raised embossed layer and sprayed with Champagne Shimmer Mist. I made my flower following this fabulous tutorial by Joanne Leddy.

That's it from me tonight. I'm up later than usual due to all the rest I've been having whilst unwell, but I'm feeling fatigued at the same time - if that even makes sense.

10 comments:

  1. Wow love the card, you were certainly buring the midnight candle! Talk soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful vintagy card!!! Reminds me I must use my lace more :)
    Hope you are feeling better soon.
    xoxooxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you embraced your 'free' time while GK was on school camp; I just grieved and moped when mine went!! LOL. This is such a gorgeous card, Patrice; I love how you've used the colours. Hope you feel 100% soon, my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beutiful card Patrice I just love the flower. Hope you are felling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi P!

    Just LOVE this flower!! I must check out the tutorial. It gives the card a real vintagy feel! Just lovely!

    karen
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, this is absolutely gorgeous, Patrice. Just love the embossing and beautiful flower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just divine Patrice! I love the flowers and the embossing and lace ribbon are the perfect touches! I hope you are feeling better soon! Lots of sick people around at the moment!
    Have you received those purchases yet? ;)

    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing the deets on the tutorial - I'm going to have a peek and have a go at this one. This card is simply gorgeous and the colours are stunning. Cheers Tania XX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh ... gorgeous in every way, looove these flowers - but have only seen them for sale .... thanks for the link!!
    Glad to see you back, hope you feel better soon - been missing your fabulous creations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry to hear that you were feeling undert he weather at this stage darl. Hope you are back on deck now. I love the vintage feel of this card. Commands attention!! ooxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!