Saturday, February 25, 2012

Hope Your Day is Fabulous!

Happy Saturday lovely friends ~

Yay it's the weekend. We've had a busy week, with part of it spent at the hospital following a sporting injury Gorgeous Kid had at school on Tuesday. Turns out no fracture, just a sprain with some pretty coloured bruising and lots of swelling.

I managed a little time in my craft room last night - not because I have any mojo happening at all, but because I WANTED to make something! I'm hoping it might get me in the mood to create a bit more over the coming days.

I've used the Stampin' Royalty #112 Colour Challenge. The colours are Cherry Cobbler, Daffodil Delight and Lucky Limeade. I've layered my designer papers on a base of Naturals Ivory. I couldn't decide whether I liked a portrait or landscape orientation so I did one of each. Which do you prefer?



I hope your weekend is off to a good start. Nice and sunny and warm here in Canberra so it's going to be a good day!

14 comments:

  1. ooohhh... I love the landscape version! Thanks so much for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty this week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both very nice, but prefer the landscape too.
    Love the colour combo.
    Tam x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a portrait kind of girl, so I'll pick that beauty. I love how you layered the scalloped dp. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Portrait definately. Nice to hear your busy STILL, funny how you think you are going to have more time but you actually end up with less time. Been meaning to e-mail but!!!!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, STUNNING! I love how bold the Cherry Cobbler looks at the base of your cards, Patrice. The portrait orientation is my favourite. Glad your boy is okay (if a little sore and sorry) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear that GK is down and out. Not much fun at all!!! I am voting the portrait version. I just think the balance is slightly better. Great colour combo. Hope things are settling in ur world darl. ooxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards, Cherry cobbler looks so vibrant love them both, hmmm, landscape is grabbing me the most, Its hot here in Adelaide, (40 degrees in our suburb lol) so staying cool, enjoy your lovely weather, Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both versions are gorgeous and striking, but the landscape one really appeals to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Patrice, Your card is fabulous!
    From the other Patrice (Smile)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love them both, they look fab with that colour combo, but l'm liking the landscape just a little more l think.
    So glad GK didn't do any permanant damage.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, poor GK. Hope he's healing up nicely. I was just wondering with my other half how long it would take to the get phone call from school to say DS is on the injured list. I've already had to sign the accident form from after school care. I really like both cards but I think I prefer the landscape one... I keep changing my mind, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love both of them! Love how you layered the different colours and that large scalloped edge is perfect against the neutral card base. Thanks for joining us at Stampin' Royalty this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love both cards, but probably like portrait more as I seem to be doing alot of that myself at the moment. Really like your take on the colour scheme and just a butterfly to finish it off. Just beautiful. I have left you a little something on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow ... I love this card ... what a fabulous way to add colour yet still keep the design CAS ... beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!