Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Addicted to Stamps - Theme Challenge #1 - Christmas in July

Good Wednesday morning ~

Over at Addicted to Stamps we are up to our third challenge and this week it's a 'theme' - Christmas in July.

I had a bit of fun with my project this week BUT had a really hard time photographing it so I do hope you can see past that and know that the real life version is soooo much better - and stands higher than the squished looking version here lol.


Using a few strips of retired Bella Bleu designer papers I gave my Simply Scored Tool and hot glue gun a workout. To my bottom layer I added some of the yummy Champagne Glass Glitter around the edge. Once I had all my medallions ready I stacked them up and gave them a liberal spray with Champagne Shimmer Mist.  This is a gorgeous and inexpensive Christmas decoration that didn't take long to create.

If you'd like to join in the challenge fun this week head on over to ATS and check out the awesome design team inspiration this week.  You won't be disappointed!

As always thank you so much for taking precious time out of your day to stop by my little place in blogland.  Your comments really make me smile, I love reading reading them!

18 comments:

  1. Ooooooh...very pretty! Love your choice of DSP and the champagne glitter looks wonderful on he edges. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh Patrice this is absolutely stunning! Wow what a beautiful project :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, This is absolutely gorgeous Patrice, and I love the glass glitter too, a fantastic project!!! Hugs melx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY! This is stunning :)
    I really looooooooovvve the glass glitter you have added making it so sparkly!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummmm, wow! What an amazing tree - so beautiful (as is your photography). I love, well, everything about it xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This is just glorious, my friend! Clever you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your photograph - looks like the cover of a magazine. Your decoration is stunning too, love the addition of the glitter - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooooo glamorous! This is going to be such a fantastic decoration or centrepiece come Christmas Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well your simply scored got a work out with this challenge ;) It looks fabulous Patrice. The glass glitter just adds special sparkly Christmas feel! Love how you finished the top with a vintage brad too :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Christmas tree Patrice - so glad I guessed right!!! lol I love that champagne glass glitter.... might have to go on a hunt for some of that. Glad that you're working your Simply Scored hard - I've only had mine a couple of weeks but it's certainly earning it's keep!!!

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful Patrice! Love the glass glitter and the lovely, soft pale colours you have chosen for your tree. I HAVE to make one of these now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this Patrice. I can only imagine the fun you had puttin this together. It looks spectacular. ooxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, WOW!!! Stunning decoration--it's amazing! And I ADORE the use of the glass glitter!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. A fantastic Christmas tree Patrice and so professionally photographed:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I absolutely love your designs! New follower on board.
    Crissy

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is amazing, Patrice! When I first saw it, I thought is was an inspiration photo. Well it was, but not the usual kind. I'm still amazed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!