Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Addicted to Stamps - Theme Challenge #3 - Spring & Blog Candy

Good morning beautiful blog friends ~

Spring is definitely in the air over at Addicted to Stamps today.  We're up to our third Theme Challenge and this week it's Spring.  I love Spring, it's my absolute favourite season of all - it helps that I don't suffer hayfever I guess.

Originally I had wanted to go a lovely daffodil colour - that to me is Spring all over.  Couldn't go there though as my Bingo card last week was yellow and I'm already starting to think my cards are looking a bit same same lately.  Then I decided orange - still nice and bright right?  Well I've no clue how I ended up with the Melon Mambo in my hand but this is what happened lol.


I've been making a lot of square cards lately - that's because I've had a stash of PTI white c/s for some time and being US sized and quite sturdy I can get more use out of it this way rather than making an A5 card.  Too many scraps otherwise.  It is coming to an end I promise so not too many more square cards to come :).

I used the Blossoms 2 Nestabilities (that were a gift from BFF a couple of years back) to cut my flowers.  I sponged all the edges and bent the petals up and down and all around - as much as a neat freak can.  My mat is MM c/s with a layer of Pretty in Pink dsp.

Why don't you head over to the ATS Challenge blog and check out all the lovely Spring inspiration this week, and then get creating and link up.  I would love lots more card ideas for my favourite season.

Actually how about a little blog candy?  Tell me your favourite season and I'll draw a winner on the weekend (30 September) and send a little parcel of goodies out - couple of copic markers and prisma pencils, a roll of ribbon and a few other bits and pieces.  Yay!

18 comments:

  1. Ahhh, Spring certainly is in the air and we are both lucky we can take a big whiff!! I do suffer from Hayfever just a little but I always take the time to stop and smell the roses lol. Your card is just beautiful! I love your bloom and it's colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww I love your square cards, I will miss them lol. Another gorgeous card, and love the melon mambo - I can never quite get that colour to work, but love it against the softness of the pink DSP and the button is a lovely addition. Makes me want to get into our garden which is starting to finally flower!! Have a great week, hugs Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Patrice!Love the beautiful pinks and the lovely flower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well how could I not just LOVE this card - it's so bright and pink! Perfect for spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so lucky just stepping into Spring, we are drifting into Autumn here and it's cold, wet and depressing. You card is beautiful though and will definitely brighten anybody's day - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Firstly as your talking about candy I must concur and say that my favourite season is spring also. I love to see the beginning of tiny leaves on trees and the first blooms of flowers. The sea is nice and cool and perfect for swimming ahh spring. Fabulous card Patrice the colours are amazing that flower certainly is something special a real beauty as as far as Im concerned you can make as many square cards as you like they are always wonderful.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that big flower P! Just beautiful. Reminds me of the camelias I have blooming like crazy right now - pink is defintiely growing on me, maybe it is on you too :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Patrice. That flower and colour are lovely - I really like square cards!

    My favourite season is Spring because the flowers and trees are so pretty and fresh, weather pleasant but not too hot, its just a lovely season. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Patrice and it certainly isn't yellow! Love your flower snd I also love square cards.....! lol

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Patrice and it certainly isn't yellow! Love your flower snd I also love square cards.....! lol

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This cards is so super cute P - love the colours and it certainly says SPRING!! My fave season is also spring because I love all the beautiful little birds that I see in my big bottle brush out the front of my window. Some only appear in spring and they are just so pretty!

    Luv K
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Firstly the flower...OMG....too special Patrice...it is stunning!!! I love your square cards and use them for much inspiration sweetie. This one is going in the file too!!! BTW....nothing wrong with OCD sponging...the result is magical. Do u get the feeling I really like this card...and it is PINK!!!! As for my fave season....has to be Autumn into Winter. Nice days but the chill on the nights makes you bunker down on the couch with a throw rug and watch your fave show!!! Love it!! (Besides...Spring = mega sneeze for me...hee hee hee) ooxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay, so you know I don't like pink, but I really do love this card! Melon Mambo isn't normal pink and actually one of my favorite SU colors. Add in polka dots and you have a winner for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card is a Wow card in my book!! You used my favorite pink combo, a square shape (another favorite) and polka dots (yet another favorite) - be still my heart! I love your spring card for sure but Summer is still my very favorite season. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey there Patrice. Your card is gorgeous and makes me wish i had some Melon Mambo colour stuff, because that colour really sings spring. Heck there is some shouting going on!

    Spring is definitely my favourite season, and that is because it is when my fabulous ornamental plum flowers, and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that tree (and miss it so badly already).

    Hugs...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous bright bloom. Your square card keeps the focus on your flower. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the simplicity of your gorgeous pink flower card, but then I love all your creations and dont stop by enough to tell you. My favourite season would have to be spring. Not too hot, not too cold and everything burstng back into life after hybernation through winter. Always represents new beginnings to me ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. Spring definately that's when it seems life begins again with the flowers in bloom birds churping mowing lawns and so on ...Love your beautiful cards...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!