Friday, August 21, 2015

Just Add Ink #276 - Just Add Cards for Males

Woohoo it's Friday ~

We've been a sick house all week (and half of last).  We've all shared the love and I'm so hoping the germs are behind us now...It's been a particularly bad winter for colds and flus in Canberra.

Jan has given us a well timed challenge with Father's Day coming up.  This week at Just Add Ink we're adding cards for Males.  I think most of us agree that masculine cards are probably the most difficult to create - well I certainly find it challenging.  No pretty flowers, ribbon and tizzy embellishments to fall back on.


I've heat embossed the vintage car from the awesome masculine stamp set Guy Greetings and layered my image on some Go Wild designer paper, adding a few of the White Perfect Accents to finish.  I stamped a Father's Day greeting on the inside.  Voila, all done.  Not so difficult after all.

If you're in need of masculine cards head over to JAI and check out the design team inspiration then join the challenge fun this week.  I'm sure you'll be glad you did!

Super happy birthday wishes to my big boy today.  Gorgeous Kid is 15 years old!  I can hardly believe it myself.  He now rests his chin on the top of my head, lol.  I'll come back and share his card in a few days.

8 comments:

  1. What a fun guy card!!! That Go Wild paper is very flexible in it's uses!!!

    Happy Birthday GK, hope you are had a fab day and you're having a nice birthday dinner :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how striking the big bold stripes are P and the contrast to the vintage car. The B&W palette and stitching is very sophisticated. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fabulous combo of black and white Patrice - just love the mix of modern stripes and vintage car and your touch of bling with the white accents are awesome too! I am going to CASE if that's ok? Xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're all feeling better. It's a really warm today, but yes it's been cold...not quite as cold as Canberra though! Gorgeous male card, and love the touch of the white accents and I'm always drawn to black and white cards, they are always seem so classy. Lou xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great masculine card! The background is so striking! I hope the sickness has gone. We've had it here for the last month on and off and can't seem to get it out of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the blackwhite colour scheme and the way the modern stripe contrasts with the vintage car.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So bold and clean P, love the stripes and the clean layers...Well done! Hope you are all feeling better blossom and GK had a super fun 15th....makes me feel old, he was just a little person when we first met..:0) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!