Friday, October 9, 2015

Just Add Ink #283 - Just Add a Sketch

Good morning friends ~

I'm happy it's Friday.  It's been a tumultuous couple of weeks here, with a quick trip home to New Zealand for the very sad funeral of one of my closest friends.  I spent eight days away, and got to catch up with loved ones, which was nice.  But....why is it that funerals tend to bring people together after long periods apart?  We really should live in the moment more.  I'm learning that the hard way, for sure.

I'm a little late posting my Just Add Ink challenge card today....still chasing my tail and playing catch up after my unexpected absence.  Narelle gave us a sketch to work with this week.  I'll add it to the bottom of my post.


I've used Blushing Bride, Crumb Cake and Whisper White on this card, and a little sparkle to add an extra girly touch.  Love those sweet little shoes from the Baby, We've Grown stamp set.

If you'd like to play along with us head over to the JAI blog, check out the design team inspiration, and link your creation up.  Here is the sketch:


Have a wonderful \weekend, whatever your plans.  I'm hoping to get to Floriade!

3 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous card Patrice! Fantastic colour combo! Love the hint of sparkle and glimmer! Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry Parrice that your trip home was for such a sad occasion. I hope that catching up with family and friends meant there were some happy moments among the sad ones. Your card is beautiful as always! I love the ribbon banner and softly coloured shoes on the stitched square too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love this sweet baby card P! The colours and the images you've used are the perfect combo! I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend - wish I was there to give you the biggest of hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!