Friday, June 17, 2016

Just Add Ink #316 - Just Add Stripes

Happy Freezing Friday morning ~

Yes Jack Frost has been a regular visitor of late....but the days are blue skies and sunshine so I can't really complain.  You can see a little of said sky in the background of my card below.  I didn't have time to fuss about with finding a spot indoors where I was going to fight with brightness, and/or shadows.
Can you tell I've had no creativity in me since returning from holidays?  It's been a few weeks between posts - sorry!  Despite all the new stamps, papers, punches and pretty things I've been playing with I'm still feeling a lot rusty.

I have managed to put a little something together for the new Just Add Ink challenge kicking off today.  I set the challenge this week and I want you to add stripes to your projects.  How fun!


I used the super sweet, and very versatile new stamp set Foxy Friends along with the coordinating designer paper - all from the brand spanking new catalogue.  Paper and ink are Calypso Coral and Smoky Slate respectively.  A few little silver sequins and thread and I called it done.  Not thrilled with the finished product but hey, I have to submit something to a challenge I set lol.

I can't wait to see all the goodness you come up with.  The design team have created some really gorgeous cards this week!  Be sure to head over to JAI to check them out.

No time this morning to tell you all about my US holiday, however, I WILL be back soon to share some stories and piccies.  Let me tell you it was an AWESOME holiday!  Busy weekend ahead, but the highlight is my cousin (and her family) arriving from New Zealand to stay with us for a few days. So looking forward to that.

Thanks, as always for stopping by today.  Enjoy your weekend!

Patrice x

6 comments:

  1. I think you've done an awesome job P. Love the big bold stripes and cute foxy character...My weekend plan is to ink mine up, looking forward to playing after seeing this cutie.
    Have a fab few days with your family, l can imagine you'd be excited. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. P you are doing yourself an injustice!! This is so cute. The little gray puss is a delight and I love the little blingy touches you added to dress it all up. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous P! Such a cute wee fellow and I love your colours and design - the bold stripes stripes anchored by the vertical panel and the touches of bling is simply gorgeous! Hope you are still enjoying the sunshine and looking forward to hearing more about your fab holiday :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is utterly delightful, Patrice. Love the colours, the bold stripes, and the sweet little cat. You nailed your challenge, LOL. Enjoy your weekend! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute card Patrice, loving the stripes. Can't wait to see some pics of holidays, enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! Hope you're having a great time with your cousin.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!