Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Colour INKspiration Challenge #18 - Happy Birthday Gorgeous



Welcome to a new Colour INKspiration challenge. We are a group of Stampin' Up! Demonstrators from Australia & New Zealand who love to share projects using fabulous colour combos found on Pinterest.

At first glance I loved these colours! However, if I'm being honest I struggled using them together....who would have thought I'd find all that pink too much? Perhaps it's what I've done with it. Regardless the end result is growing on me....

This is my first play with the Happy Birthday Gorgeous stamps, & I just love those little flowers. There was a lot of fussy cutting involved, fortunately I find it quite a therapeutic activity.



I used the sponge brayer to add Powder Pink ink to my Whisper White front panel, graduating from dark to light, bottom to top - not sure you can see that so well in the pic. I've also added splatters with my Wink of Stella pen, flicking it randomly - love the effect.


I've carried the sponging through to the inside of my card, & again added some shimmery splatters.

Here is the inspiration colour palette. Hopefully these colours will inspire you to join the challenge fun and share your projects. If you'd like to join the challenge follow this link >>> https://www.facebook.com/groups/349642308720075/ to check out all the details on our Facebook Page.


If you're following the hop you may have come from my beautiful friend, Nikki. I just love everything she creates! To continue on with the blog hop click on the next blog image below & you'll be taken to see what my other beautiful friend Kelly has created to share with us today.


Edited to add - I'm currently away in Queensland enjoying some sunshine & warmth. I had a little mishap & posted this a week early! OMG! I tried to rectify fairly quickly but if you've already seen my card, that's why. My apologies to the rest of the Crew :(

Thanks so much for taking a little time to stop by, and if you've left a comment thanks, I love reading them.

Patrice x

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful spongin background Patrice and you must have been very well restored after doing all that fussy cutting!! but so worth it, your card is lovely. Hope you are enjoying the QLD warmth although if you are currently in Central Qld ( where i am) it's a little too warm too early!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Patrice - I bet that sponging looks amazing IRL - you better send it to me so I can confirm! Kelly x PS, soak up some of that QLD sun for me. It's barely cracking 16 degrees here :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card P! I love the Breyer shading and sweet floral details...beautiful use of this set too. Have fun up north and enjoy that sunshine lovely.😘

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another stunning floral card, Patrice. The fussy cutting was so worth it as I LOVE the end result.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a true sponge brayer master Patrice. Oh and a fussy cutting master too! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job with the fussy cutting. I'm impressed! I've used the same set and punched the flowers with a circle punch. I have to say these flowers looking amazing cut out properly. Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty in Pink! Such a beautiful creation, Patrice. Absolutley adore you brayered backgrounds and the splatters of wink of Stella - may need to try this out, bet it looks amazing IRL.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!